SunTrack Adventures is looking at hiring an Assistant Tour Manager. The role requires a self-starting individual who is motivated by community tourism and eco-tourism, is flexible in their work approach, and able to work in a dynamic environment understanding the needs of working in a smaller business.
You will responsible for developing and designing tour packages, creating and implementing a marketing strategy for the designed packages. You will also be working closely with the sales team to ensure that the approach to sales and reservations is consistent with the marketing approach.
You will ideally have a qualification in business administration, marketing and at least 3 years of relevant tourism and travel sector experience (preferably Uganda). You will have experience with developing and implementing a travel marketing strategy and operations plan.
ASSISTANT TOUR MANAGER DUTIES, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- development of domestic and international packages by visiting destinations and suggesting interesting travel routes or places of interest;
- designing flexible tour packages to meet the needs of different clients;
- exploring and identifying new business opportunities in a competitive and rapidly changing industry;
- dealing with emergencies, such as helping a holidaymaker who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently;
- informing passengers of arrival and departure times at each
- making sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory;
- organizing entry to attractions and transport, such as car hire;
- ensuring that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group;
- responding to questions and offering help with any problems that arise, ranging from simple matters, such as directing a member of the group to the nearest chemist, to more serious issues, such as tracing lost baggage;
- making contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements;
- liaising with hotels, transport companies, restaurants and other clients;
- advising about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops, at each destination;
- occasionally making accommodation bookings on proposed dates;
- writing reports and maintaining records;
- Organizing and attending tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions.
- Welcoming groups of holidaymakers at their starting point and announcing details of travel arrangements and stop-over points;
- checking tickets and other relevant documents, seat allocations and any special requirements;
- helping with passport and immigration issues;
- helping holidaymakers check-in and settle into their accommodation;
- communicating a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture;
- Being flexible and adaptable.
- Having high attention to details.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having good negotiation skills.
- Being creative.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to solve problems.
- Having IT skills.
- Being punctual.
- Having public relations skills.
Applicants for Assistant Tour Manager position need to have at least a Diploma and College Major in Tourism and Travel Services Management. Other suitable academic qualifications for this area are a Degree in Management, Marketing and a Bachelor´s Degree in Business Administration, Tourism or a related field.
SunTrack Adventures is a small an inbound and outbound tour operator based in Mukono town, Uganda. SunTrack Adventures specializes in custom-made low-cost travel and tourism services in Uganda and beyond.
We provide sightseeing and activities such as road trips, hiking tours, village tours, boat tours, culture tours, and mountain biking, nightlife adventures, as well as offers camping equipment and cooking gear for various adventure camping treks.
We design trips to explore national parks, tribal villages, archaeological sites, islands and nature areas in Uganda and beyond.
Our focus being Developing and Promoting Community Tourism through off-the-beaten path holidays and tours, we are looking at hiring an assistant tour manager to join our small but growing team.
Our Core Values
These are the pillars that guide our actions and company culture. If you align with them, we’d love to meet you!
Be curious, keep learning: We are curious and open-minded people.
Make the right choice: We think sustainably and act responsibly.
Go above & beyond: We delight our tours, partners and peers.
Live with passion & purpose: We live passionately and explore our dreams.
Get involved: We build communities.
SEND APPLICATION AND CV TO:
email@example.com DEADLINE: 31st– Oct-2019: 5pm EST