You don’t have to choose between taking an adventure holiday and volunteering when you book SunTrack Adventures amazing tours. SunTrack Adventures is now providing adventure combined with volunteer projects in Uganda.
You can choose to participate or stay on at least one volunteer projects that we run giving you enough time to make a difference and get the full volunteering experience in Uganda. Then when your volunteer work work is done, explore the wonders of the Pearl of Africa.
After your project you will follow it up with an amazing weekend adventure tour with activities such as a 3 day white water rafting trip, horse-back riding, rainforest trekking, sight-seeing tours, wildlife safari, village-walks and so much more.
Adventures for change:
SunTrack Adventures isn’t about exciting activities only; it’s about being part of a community of like-minded people. Ordinary people, who want to do something extraordinary with their lives, make a difference in the world and new friends along the way. A SunTrack Adventures package is not just for enjoyment, it is a way for change.
Why Choose SunTrack Adventures?
Today a huge array of volunteering organizations is available for anyone who wants to volunteer abroad, especially in Africa. Each seem to offer volunteers the opportunity to go on the unique trip of a lifetime, yet some do not always operate in a way that is beneficial both to the individual volunteer and to the local community in which they are working.
SunTrack Adventures is supportive of all volunteer opportunities which contribute to the goals of sustainable development. However one of the main reasons we started our volunteer program was to provide much-needed support services to people and communities that are largely ignored here in Uganda.
SunTrack Adventures is focused on some of the most challenging issues faced by individuals and communities. We are small and therefore specific and focused on only a few communities so we can make a significant impact on improving their day to day life and empowering them to change their own future. We work with the communities directly and the projects are our own initiated projects that result from interviews with the villages themselves.
Often potential participants ask us to inform them why SunTrack Adventures is a safe option for an ethical volunteering experience in Uganda. The list below highlights why volunteers choose to go away with SunTrack Adventures:
- Quality: Every week the staff at SunTrack Adventures interviews its volunteers for feedback on their daily experiences and from those responses we make necessary adjustments to continually improve on the quality of your experience. We have on staff professionals who take pride in caring for your living accommodations and see to it that your experience with us is a positive one.
- Flexibility: Unlike some of the volunteer travel organizations in Uganda, we allow our volunteers to start on any date of the year and stay as long or as short as they like! The only exception is when SunTrack Adventures has a specific project it has generated that has a stated start and stop deadline associated with it.
- Safety: We take safety of our volunteers seriously and thoroughly arrange everything with our projects before sending volunteers to the community. If we feel a certain area or a project is not safe we postpone the project until all safety concerns can be met. Our volunteers are responsible for securing their own travel and medical insurance before they arrive.
- Benefit to Communities: SunTrack Adventures works directly with local communities in Uganda to ensure they get support directly from the volunteers. Your donation fee will go directly to the projects, community, workers and coordinators to help them financially. A constant flow of volunteers means that these people and parts of communities are getting constant support both financially and personally.
- Quick & Personal: We work as a team and are always there to help you and answer your questions. We aim to reply to your e-mails within 6-8 working hours or less. You can also reach us by phone or leave a message to have a quick reply back to your queries. Our goal is to make sure you are completely comfortable before you leave for Uganda and while in Uganda.
- Respected: SunTrack Adventures team has been operating volunteer programs in Uganda since 2006 and from its humble beginning; it has grown into an organization with multiple projects around the country and working alongside reputable local and international organizations.
- Reputable: SunTrack Adventures distinguishes itself by having a proven track record of working with over 800 volunteers for safe, enjoyable, educational and fulfilling experiences.
- Service: All SunTrack Adventures programs carry our standard support and services whilst individual, family & group programs offer tailor-made services to fit.
- Commitment: SunTrack Adventures programs provide a long term solution to our villages. 100% of your contributions are spent directly on community development activities.
What does it cost?
Most volunteers come to Uganda to make their contribution to the local community. But get frustrated because of massive charges associated with volunteering! Its 100% free to volunteer with us at SunTrack Adventures! However we ask volunteers to help raise some funds to support an intended project in terms of resources. 100% your donation goes to the project.
What else is offered?
Our unique program includes the support you will need to have an enjoyable, useful and safe experience:
- One day of induction with basic training
- 3 days to 4 weeks of volunteer placement
- Ongoing mentoring and full time support
- Basic local language lessons
- Full time field support and local staff living on site
- Your accommodation is arranged at a host family
- Transfer to the project destination/Village (at a cost)
- Airport transfers pickup/drop off (at a cost)
What’s not offered?
You need to budget for your travel to Uganda, health arrangements and personal spending money:
- Flights to and From Entebbe Airport
- Insurance (compulsory) (buy one here)
- Malaria Preventatives (compulsory)
- You will need $40 -$100 (for personal expenses) each week.
- Food while at the host family (3 good meals per day) a weekly donation to the family will be appreciated
For more information about our volunteer program, please contact us: email@example.com