You don’t have to choose between taking an adventure holiday and volunteering when you book with SunTrack Adventures in Uganda. SunTrack Adventures through Ssamba Foundation is now providing adventure tours and safaris combined with volunteer projects in Uganda.
You can choose to participate or stay on at least one of our volunteer projects that we run giving you enough time to make a difference and get the full volunteering experience in Uganda. Then when your volunteer work in Uganda is done, explore the wonders of the Pearl of Africa.
After your project you will follow it up with an amazing weekend adventure tour or safari with activities such as a one day white water rafting, culture tours, local wine tours, nature forest walks, zip-lining, horseback safari, gorilla or chimp trekking, sightseeing tours, wildlife safari, village-walks and so much more.
Adventures for Change:
SunTrack Adventures isn’t about tours and safaris only; it’s about being part of a community of like-minded people. Ordinary people, who want to do something extraordinary with their lives, make a difference in the world and new friends along the way. A SunTrack Adventures and Ssamba Foundation volunteer package is not just for enjoyment, it is a way for change.
Why Choose SunTrack Adventures & Ssamba Foundation?
Today a huge array of volunteering organizations is available for anyone who wants to volunteer abroad, especially in Uganda. Each seem to offer volunteers the opportunity to go on the unique trip of a lifetime, yet some do not always operate in a way that is beneficial both to the individual volunteer and to the local community in which they are working.
SunTrack Adventures is supportive of all volunteer opportunities which contribute to the goals of sustainable development. However one of the main reasons we started our volunteer program through Ssamba Foundation was to provide much-needed support services to people and communities that are largely ignored here in Uganda.
As a team, we are focused on some of the most challenging issues faced by individuals and communities. We are small and therefore specific and focused on only a few communities so we can make a significant impact on improving their day to day life and empowering them to change their own future. We work with the communities directly and the projects are our own initiated projects that result from interviews with the villages themselves.
Often potential participants ask us to inform them why we are a safe option for an ethical volunteering experience in Uganda. The list below highlights why volunteers choose to go away with us:
- Quality: Every week the staff interviews its volunteers for feedback on their daily experiences and from those responses we make necessary adjustments to continually improve on the quality of your experience. We have on staff professionals who take pride in caring for your living accommodations and see to it that your experience with us is a positive one.
- Flexibility: Unlike some of the volunteer travel organizations in Uganda, we allow our volunteers to start on any date of the year and stay as long or as short as they like! The only exception is when we have a specific project it has generated that has a stated start and stop deadline associated with it.
- Safety: We take safety of our volunteers seriously and thoroughly arrange everything with our projects before sending volunteers to the community. If we feel a certain area or a project is not safe we postpone the project until all safety concerns can be met. Our volunteers are responsible for securing their own travel and medical insurance before they arrive.
- Benefit to Communities: We work directly with local communities in Uganda to ensure they get support directly from the volunteers. Your donation fee will go directly to the projects, community, workers and coordinators to help them financially. A constant flow of volunteers means that these people and parts of communities are getting constant support both financially and personally.
- Quick & Personal: We work as a team and are always there to help you and answer your questions. We aim to reply to your e-mails within 6-8 working hours or less. You can also reach us by phone or leave a message to have a quick reply back to your queries. Our goal is to make sure you are completely comfortable before you leave for Uganda and while in Uganda.
- Respected: Our team has been operating volunteer programs in Uganda since 2006 and from its humble beginning; it has grown into an organization with multiple projects around the country and working alongside reputable local and international organizations.
- Reputable: We distinguish ourselves by having a proven track record of working with over 800 volunteers for safe, enjoyable, educational and fulfilling experiences.
- Service: All our programs carry our standard support and services whilst individual, family & group programs offer tailor-made services to fit.
- Commitment: Our programs provide a long term solution to our villages. 100% of your contributions are spent directly on community development activities.
What does it cost?
Volunteering in Uganda is free, as it should be, No Program Fees! No weekly fees! At Ssamba Foundation, we appreciate and allow you to use your compassion to help make the world a better place at no cost to you!
Many organizations see volunteers as a potential cash cow and are guilty of charging extreme rates. Ssamba Foundation makes every effort to keep your costs to a minimum, as it is your talent and time that are most valuable to us and the communities we serve. Whether you are interested in volunteering short-term or long-term, we will discuss arrangements with you concerning finances.
We have however, set up the challenge for all volunteers coming/interested to volunteer with Ssamba Foundation in Uganda to throw themselves into fundraising and aim to bring a donation of USD$1000, €800, £750! We know you can do it!
The funds raised or donated, goes directly to your project of interest, where you will be volunteering. Fundraise for or donate to your intended project, and come stay with us for anywhere between 4 weeks- to- 6 months or up-to 12 months on a case by case basis. Where does my contribution go?
Benefits of Volunteering with Ssamba Foundation:
Volunteers are always welcome at Ssamba Foundation either for short-term or long-term projects. We want to deliver an experience to enjoy Uganda by living, working and making an impact with us. In exchange for your skills, donation and help, you get the following:
- Pre-Departure Handbook (Everything you need to know about Uganda)
- We shall pick you up from Entebbe International airport (Pick Up only)
- Accommodation throughout your stay (Minimum stay is 4 weeks)
- Shared bedroom with one other-same sex volunteer (separate beds)
- Blanket, Pillows and treated mosquito net
- Limited Wi-Fi Access at house (Please feel free to bring your laptop)
- 3 delicious local meals for your entire duration
- 24/7 In country Support
- You can stay with us for up to 12 months in Uganda, no extra fees required
- Deeper culture immersion experience with founder’s family
- Discounted tours, safaris and events
- We can help with Visa extensions
- Work and life experience
- The opportunity to help others and lifetime friends
- Certificate of Appreciation at the end of your stay
What we DON’T offer:
- Flight Tickets
- Travel insurance
- Laundry service in town/or house (at volunteer’s cost)
- Toiletries (soaps, shampoos and others) are not provided.
- Personal expenses (Your pocket money)
Personal Expenses; It depends on you and your lifestyle! But we advise that you come with an additional $50-$100 a week to cater for your personal needs such as; Phone/internet bill, Transportation, Laundry, Snacks, Entertainment, Drinks and excursions if preferred, and any other things you may wish to buy.
The requirements to join Ssamba Foundation volunteer program in Uganda:
- You must be over 18yrs
- You must speak some English (you don’t need to be fluent)
- A copy of your passport with 6+ months validity
- Placement commitment fee of USD$200 (part of your donation)
- Criminal Record, Background Check report or Police Statement
- We recommend travel/life personal insurance
- You must commit at least 4 weeks’ minimum (longer stays are much appreciated).
- You must be Sociable, Energetic, Positive & Fun! Who can Apply?
Volunteer Arrival Dates:
Although we are very flexible about start and end dates, volunteers must book their flights to arrive on the scheduled arrival dates for free airport pickup arrangements. You can book your flights to arrive at any time of the arrival date (24/7 Airport pickups).
Your arrival into Uganda will be on a Sunday. Your orientation for your volunteer program in Uganda will begin on Monday. You will spend the day learning about life in Uganda and preparing for your upcoming volunteer program.
If you arrive any other day, you have to cover up your airport pickup fees (usually $85) or pay for hotel for your night stay and pickup for the following day.
For more information about our volunteer program, please contact us directly.
E-mail me: email@example.com
Call me: +256-791-517383 (Whatsapp)